Wednesday 28 May 2014

Crunch Time

Why are all the good snacks at their loudest and tastiest at 11 pm? Every time I throw a handful of chips into my face I'm worried I'll wake up my husband and he'll be sitting up in bed, shaking his head. But seriously, these barbecue Crispers are my LIFE.

I'm planning a trip up north in a couple of weeks. It's my friends' birthday party ('Dirty Thirty' if you will. I won't). I never really get to see my closest friends anymore. I moved to this little town 2 years ago, and it's 2 hours away from everyone. Well, everyone I know, you know? We moved here because housing was cheap and my husband's family is here. Which is alright, most of them are okay, I guess. But it's hard, seeing pictures and hearing stories from a crowd that you used to be in, experiences that you used to be a part of, and now you're just on the outside looking in. Don't get me wrong, I have a few friends here and they're great, but I'm not totally comfortable around anyone but those few 'special' ones up north.... Really I just need a car. That would basically solve it. First world problems, right?


I need to get me into some pyjama pants. Which reminds me, I need new pyjama pants. They're one of those things I never think about in the store, but as soon as it's couch time, I remember, Oh yeah, these are one of three pair of worn out pants with a hole in the crotch, I should get some new ones. And I have NO idea how those holes got there, I swear. I should probably sew them up, because every time I come strutting out of the bedroom my husband gives me sidelong glances and wiggles his eyebrows 'cause he likes my "easy access doors". Gross. Men are gross. He farts SO MUCH.... Gross.


My new 'escape' hobby is making wishlists spreadsheets of makeup I want. Excel makes everything look more organized. Usually I wait until it's just me, late at night as per usual (you'll see this will become a running thing with me. Night-owl I am.) and I'll just watch all my favourite beauty guru's on YouTube talk about their favourite products. Every time they do swatches I'm like "Ooh, that's pretty! I'mma write that one down!" I now have 10 pages of product. Mostly drugstore. My Sephora list is a book unto itself. But lately that's just been my thing. I've always loved makeup, but I got out of it for a while because makeup from when I was in high school SUUUUUCKED. Cover Girl made the worst foundation, but I always bought it, because it was cheapest and geared towards young girls with no clue. Now, oh my god, the possibilities are endless! My first venture will be to stock up on Wet N Wild eye shadows and lipsticks, and forage for as many e.l.f products as I can. I want them ALL! I may try the latter one this weekend. There's a place in the city that apparently sells them. Right now I've only seen a few items in my dollar store and at Winners. PS Dollarama is kind of kicking ass lately with the beauty products. They had Essie's for THREE dollars! And some pretty nice CoverGirl mascara. CoverGirl does mascara way better than they do face. Maybe I'll post a pic if I get anything ooh wouldn't that be fun?! (Yes, it would---I have to answer myself just to boost my ego.)


-N

No comments:

Post a Comment