Friday 24 October 2014

Becoming Katy Perry...

     Ah, Halloween. That one time of the year when us 'basic' girls get to wear wigs and rhinestones without fear of judgement and odd looks. This year I've decided on the task to be Katy Perry. In the beginning I was going to be Nicki Minaj because, let's face it, aside from the bountiful behind and slightly darker skin tone of Ms Minaj, are they not the same person, visually? No. Not really. But I want to wear pink eye shadow and bright lipstick, so they were my immediate reactions. 
     I've bought leopard print pants and a whole bunch of jewels, so hopefully I can do my best. I did a test run of the makeup, and I think I've got it down. Eyelashes hold up, black brows are impeccable, bright lips on lock. The wig, though. Ugh! I've bought two, and the both have thick hair on the top, and one layer of long hair. It's a mullet. I'm stock-piling mullets. So I'm ready to be an extra if the remake 'Deliverance' in my area. 
     I'm going to try to bedazzle the crap out of these pants. Fingers crossed! 

***Nik's Bits***



  • For the first time in forever, while in the shower, I grabbed the shampoo instead of it's identically-bottle conditioning counterpart. Does anyone else feel like that's a small victory?
  • The string ripped off of my tea bag. Sad face.
  • I found some Rimmel Show Offs/ Apocolips at my dollar store. $3 a piece. A steal considering they're still $7 at Walmart (my comparison store for anything). I picked up 'Nova' and 'Stellar'. I'm heading back tomorrow for more. And more rhinestones. They're going to think I'm making a Liberace showroom in my living room.

No comments:

Post a Comment