Thursday 22 January 2015

First MAC Eyeshadows!!

      Exciting news: I've finally taken the leap and ordered my first MAC eyeshadows!... What?... I know everybody and their grandmother are way into/over the whole MAC thing, but for a drugstore makeup junkie like myself, this is exciting! (Hence all of the exclamation marks) I've been building a list for a while now, but the allure of free shipping made me pull the trigger. I do have a MAC store at the mall that I go to, however, since it's a 45 minute drive and I have two kids that make me fear going into any store geared towards anyone over the age of 8-years-old, online was really the only option. 
     I got the shades Kid (which looks like an amazing crease colour that also happens to be on it's way to discontinued), Ricepaper, Satin Taupe, and Sketch, along with the MAC palette. I don't have a Z palette, and the MAC one was only $10, so what the heck. I DID try to grab some MakeUp Geek shadows, but the site wasn't working on my phone, and I was NOT about to make the trip from the couch all the way across the room to the computer. It was 11pm, and I was comfy, so congratulations MAC. I almost bought a lipstick, but decided that would be too much of a gamble, given my pale skin and the fact that only 1 or 2 shades out of 20 actually compliment my skin tone. I'll find a babysitter and make the trek to the mall when the time comes to finally jump on that bandwagon. (I'm actually afraid to buy my first MAC lipstick. They're like a gateway lippie. It starts with one, then I'm elbow deep in Nicki Minaj- limited edition shades, and suddenly I'm exchanging sexual favours for the new NARS Audacious line... Okay, that's a bit of an exaggeration I know. But seriously. Not much of a stretch.)  
     Now that I'm thinking about it, I might make that MakeUp Geek order in a couple of weeks. They are half the price, but shipping and exchange rates doesn't make it that different... Oh, great. There it is. I already need another hit. Look what I've started! 

No comments:

Post a Comment