Tuesday 27 May 2014

Late Night TLC

Nope. Not that kind of TLC. I've been watching "19 Kids and Counting" and "The Little Couple" for 3 hours. Hubby and babes are asleep on the couch, now it's mommy's TV and nail time. This is literally the only time I get to myself, to paint my nails, watch what I want, and eat the 3 Musketeers bar that has been calling my name from the back of the cupboard where I hid it after I came home from the store. I had to open it under a dishtowel so the noisy wrapper didn't wake anyone up. The struggle is real. 

So, back to TV. I don't really watch much of it. I try to get into shows and fall off the bandwagon 4 episodes in. Even "The Walking Dead". Love the show, still midway through the 3rd season. I'll get to it. But for some reason, those 2 TLC shows get me. I remember when 19KAC came out, and I, along with a huge number of people, I'm sure, thought What the bleep is this, 20 kids?? But it's a really cool show. Those kids are pretty rad. Way to go Jim Bob and Michelle. I just can't figure out the skirt thing. The older girls always wear skirts, no jeans. Is that a faith thing? I'm sure Wikipedia has the answers somewhere. And "The Little Couple" are 2 of the funniest people on TV. And genuinely funny, not like they're making jokes like their paychecks depend on it. It good. Good TV. Not always the case, especially for TLC (hello, 'My Strange Addiction' and 'Extreme Cougar Wives'?)

Whaaaaa???...

Something else that takes up a large part of my time (other than hastily throwing together a couple of Cheez Whiz sandwiches for the kids and tossing the dog a ball or shoe or baseball glove) is planning a trip to the States. That's what we call the U.S here in Southern Ontario. Or 'Mericuh'. But less often. I'm close to the border, 25 minutes or so, and I watch these makeup hauls on YouTube and Oh My Lanta!, the deals y'all get at your CVS, Rite Aid and Walgreens! Without this HST BS. I'm jealous. Super jealous. So I gotta jet over there. As soon as the loonie gets a little better. And when I get a passport. (Whoever came up with THAT idea needs to be hanged. Back in my day, we could cross the border willy nilly without having to worry about this passport business.) 


Rant/ramble over. Bed beckoning. Same time tomorrow?


-N


No comments:

Post a Comment